Join Me!

Come back every other Sunday and see what new additions we have. Between hot guys and history and a little fun in between we'll celebrate giving-and getting-all year long.







Banner

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Premiering New Author: Kathy Lane


Hello, friends,
I have another terrific interview for you. This time from a brand new author Kathy Lane. Her first book is called BloodSworn: Bound By Magic published by The Wild Rose Press. My friend Pixie introduced Kathy on her blog, so this is some more about this promising writer.

Here is the link to Pixie's interview- http://pixiesaratoga.blogspot.com/2010/08/new-author-spotlight.html#comments







-Cat- What genre(s) do you write? Why do you write the stories that you write?

-Kathy Lane- Fantasy and paranormal are what I read most, so that’s what I started out writing. The stories are for pure entertainment and escapism, for the reader as well as myself. But paranormal isn’t all I want to write. I have a story on the back burner that’s a romantic suspense called Sniper Shots, which has already finaled in two contests. I’m looking forward to finishing it when I’m through with the Bloodsworn series. I also have a historical/paranormal called Night Stalkers that takes place in Regency England. So many stores and so little time. *SIGH*

-Cat- Do you tend to base your characters on real people or are they totally from your imagination?

-K.L.- The Hero and Heroine are definitely from my imagination. I do have a tendency to place people I know into secondary character positions.

-Cat- Out of all the characters that you've written, who is your favorite and why?

-K.L.- My heroine, Avera St. John, in Bloodsworn. Yes, she has her flaws. She’s defensive, has far too much curiosity for her own good, and tends to be bossy. One might even call her bitchy. But she’s strong. She’s taken whatever life has thrown at her and refused to break. Only Devlin and Bracca understand that her hard-ass attitude is her shield. It’s part of what enables her to accept all the crazy things that fly at her in Bound by Magic.

-Cat- What would you want readers to take away from your books?

-K.L.- My books ain’t deep. There are certain elements such as redemption, trust, and the acceptance of one’s fate, but there’s no great philosophical secrets woven into them, at least not on purpose. The only thing I hope a reader gains is a sense of enjoyment and the desire to read more…even if that more isn’t mine.

-Cat- Tell us about the latest release. Is it part of a series? Does it stand alone? What inspired you to write it?

-K.L.- Bloodsworn: Bound by Magic, is book one in a trilogy. It actually started out as a single book, but as I said, I’m a pantser, and by the time I was finished, it was almost 200,000 words. Not until I began trying to market it did I understand no publisher in their right mind buys a book this size from a first-time author. So I took the first part of the story and made it into book one. Believe me, it wasn’t easy. I had to toss out some scenes and expound on a few points, not to mention coming up with a completely different ending so it can stand alone. As for the inspiration, that credit definitely goes to C.L. Wilson’s Tairen Soul series. Those who have read her books may not see a lot of similarities, but the idea of a heroine being protected by not only the hero, but a group of sexy warriors devoted to her, was the springboard to Bloodsworn.

-Cat- Wow, Kathy, thank you so much for sharing with us. I look forward to talking more with you soon.

Don't forget to look for Kathy Lane's BloodSworn: Bound By Magic coming to Wild Rose Press in September.

Love,

Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment