Join Me!

Come back every other Sunday and see what new additions we have. Between hot guys and history and a little fun in between we'll celebrate giving-and getting-all year long.







Banner

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

December 1

Well the 2010 is almost upon us. Boy, 2009 flew by.

I will say that I have a love/hate relationship with December as my birthday falls on Christmas Eve. But I can't help the bond I have with the month and would like to dedicate some of my time sharing with you things about the month. Some may be well known others obscure. But life is about learning new things and any day I can learn is another day not wasted on this earth, I always say.

To start the month I would like to remind everyone that today is World Aids Day. This year's global theme is Universal Access and Human Rights. 36% more people in low and middle income countries are being treated as of the end of 2008 than the previous year. Imagine what the figures would show after this year if that rate continues?

On a historical note- Did you know that although December is the twelth month in the Gregorian calendar, that it was the tenth month in the Roman calendar? Which is where it derives its name- 'Decem' means ten in Latin.

In some parts of the world, the first day of December is the traditional time for young girls to perform the ancient art of cromniomancy (divination by onion sprouts) to find out the name of their future husband.
How to- To find out who your future husband will be, take some onions and upon each one carve or write a different man's name. Place the onions near a fire and the man whose name is on the onion that sprouts first will be the one. Things taht make you go 'Hmmm'

No comments:

Post a Comment